Sunday, April 01, 2007

Caponata on the grill - Healthy and Tasty

This is a version of the traditional caponata as shown here at Bencook.
This version contains much less fat as it uses the grill instead of frying and in fact it is much more tasty as you really taste each of the ingredients.

Also I took some more liberty and added Zucchini to add to this a unique Mediterranean flavor.

So here is goes:

Ingredients: 2 each of (Big) eggplant, zucchini, peppers, one small onion all cut up in small cubes.
2 tea spoons of olive oil.

Lay the cubes nicely on an aluminium foil and sprinkle a few drops of olive oil, Put the whole thing in the oven in the Grill position at the max heat.

Wait until the chunks are a bit burnt on the side.

Take out of the oven and sprinkle a good dose of fresh basil, a dollop of olive oil and some salt and pepper.

That's it you're in the Mediterranean heaven, the famous Gan Eden.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe I have had caponata before, this sounds delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe, cheers !:)

Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see just how permeant virtual memory has become in our everyday lives. It seems like everytime I turn my head, I see something with a card slot or USB jack, haha. I guess it makes sense though, considering how cheap memory has become lately...

Gahhhh, I shouldn't be complaining. I can't make it through a single day without my R4 / R4i!

(Submitted from Nintendo DS running [url=http://cid-2602f0e287041cef.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2602F0E287041CEF!106.entry]R4i[/url] NetBlog)